Abaya Central Beauty Edit | Amazing Benefits of Honey on Hair
Honey – a sweet golden delight is a super food when it comes to your health. But, have you ever tried honey to improve your skin or the texture of your hair. Winter harsh weather can wreck havoc on hair as we all know – one of many advantages of wearing a hijab 😉 However as we make the transition from winter to spring, its time to spruce up your hair care regime. There are many benefits of honey when applied on hair. Honey being a natural cleanser has a power to strengthen your hair from deep and also brings shine to your dull hair.
Benefits of Honey:
- Honey acts as a natural softener when applied to the hair. It makes a great conditioner for damaged hair.
- Being a natural antioxidant, it stimulates the scalp from deep within and improves the hair growth considerably.
- Application of honey on regular basis strengthens hair follicles which reduces hair fall.
- Many people complain for dry hair and scalp. Honey helps to retain the natural moisture of hair making it healthy and soft.
- It also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Proper application of honey can prevent your scalp form diseases like psoriasis. Also small hair problems such as dandruff or itchiness can be cured by small application on honey.
- Too much exposure to sun and pollution can make your hair really dry. By regular use of honey, you can restore the natural shine of your hair.
Honey is nature’s gift to us but in order to gain maximum from this sweet delight, you need to use it smartly. So, here are some of the best tested methods to use honey on your scalp. The best part about Honey is that it is safe to use and cheap on your pocket.
How to Use Honey on Hair?
- For shinier hair, take 1 tablespoon of honey and apply it directly on your scalp. If your hair is getting sticky, you may use lukewarm water to spread it evenly. Wear a shower cap for 30 minutes. Wash your hair with mild shampoo followed by a conditioner.
- Honey can be used to improve hair growth also. Mix 9 parts of honey with 1 part of water in a bowl. Massage it in your hair and wash it off with water after 15 minutes. Repeat this method at least 2 to 3 times a week for improved hair growth.
- Honey can be very beneficial if mixed with oil. Take 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix 2 tablespoon of honey. Warm this mixture for 30 seconds or so. Once it’s cool, apply on your scalp to tip to condition your hair from deep. Cover your hair with shower cap for 30 minutes and then rinse off with mild shampoo and apply conditioner to lock the moisture in your hair.
Above are the three simplest ways to condition your hair with honey. Every women wishes to get shiny, lustrous and healthy hair. By applying honey on weekly basis, you give your hair the nourishment they need to grow strong and beautiful.
Do you have a recommended hair regime? Hair and hijab- how do you keep your hair lustrous and shiny. Do you consider scarf material for your hair? Pop a comment below and let us know x
Pic credit: Huffington Post